Thursday, December 20, 2012

Timeless Memories Mini and Shabby Chic Card



Please Note:  This post is graphic intensive!

Before I get into my post, I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.  Only 5 sleeps till Santa arrives!!

I created this album back in June for Imaginarium Designs but it was accepted for publication.  Instructions to make this album are in the last issue of Scrapbooking Creations.  The 'Timeless Memories' Mini Album, consists of a range of chipboard pieces, that compliments the album to perfection. I have photographs of my family when they first settled in Australia, I believe this book would be perfect for keeping such special memories and 'my thoughts' within...

The cover hosts two clocks (Clock Face 4.5" IDS0005 and Clock Face without Centre or Hands IDS0017) - each of the clocks has been painted using a variety of mediums, including Creative Inspirations Paints, Glimmer Mist, and Distress Inks.  Full list of supplies can be found at end of this post.  The chipboard elements are of the highest quality, as no matter what I threw on them and how wet they become, there was no warping - most impressive.
 I used various flowers, charms, trinkets, paper, buttons, lace, twine and ribbon to enhance one side of the album.  Does it look a little grungy than my normal work?  LOL  Guess what, I like it!
 Moment in Time (IDP0037) - above and below was coloured using Black Soot distress ink, and then a light application of a gold Shiva Stick.  Have you ever played with these amazing oil paints?  If not, I am 100% sure if you did, you would have a new addiction.  They look amazing on the chipboard
  For as long as I can remember, I have collected buttons and it was wonderful to be able to use some of my vintage and beyond stash, in something that will hopefully last a lifetime - and probably beyond.
 Steam Punk appeal to you?  I adore this gorgeous Steam Punk Clock (IDS0030), which I jazzed up with Creative Inspirations Paint (Onyx) using some of the cogs from the 9 Cogs on Board (IDT0019) - including using an eyelet to attach and become part of the tag.
 ...and this ever so exquisite frame (Photo Frame 1 - IDFR0002), that I tried to replicate an older wood appearance using various mediums.  I pondered over using the frame for a photograph, but instead opted for tags which can hold either journaling, or photographs. Plus, there is lots of space throughout the album for photographs elsewhere.

...and the final page hosts a family saying that I just love, highlighted by using Small Clock Face (IDS0036) - I simply cut the chipboard clock into pieces - painted it with Creative Inspirations Paint (Onyx) - tucked it neatly under the journal piece, and added some gorgeous button charms from Scrap Matrix, a normal metal button and a pile of beads. Quite effective really!

Moment in Time (IDP0037)
9 Cogs on Board (IDT0019)
Clock Face 4.5" (IDS0005
)
Small Clock Face (IDS0036)
Clock Face without Centre or Hands IDS0017
(Photo Frame 1 - IDFR0002)
Steam Punk Clock (IDS0030)
Materials:
Imaginarium Designs Chipboard:  Clock Face 4.5" IDS0005,
Paper: Bo Bunny 'Time-Piece Collection' and Elements
Misc: Chipboard Book by Vivienne, Beads, Various Ribbon, Twine, Book Paper, Guipure Lace, Metal Buttons, Eyelets, Brad, Shiva Stick in Gold,
Distress Ink: Walnut and Black Soot
Helmar Adhesives
Glimmer Mist: Suede, Tattered Leather, Gold, Black Magic and Mustard Seed
Creative Inspirations Paint: Gold, Onyx, and Coal
Flowers: Green Tara and I am Roses
Charms: Scrap Matrix

 Shabby Chic, Thank You Card

...and then I created a 'Thank You' card, in a shabby chic type theme.  I had not used an ultra thick embossing powder previously on chipboard, so tried it out on the Imaginarium Designs  Anna Frame and Bird Frame.  The bottom photograph gives a more close up of the texture. The embossing powder left a very different surface with pits and crevices, and ultra shiny.  I liked it.
I kept the Thank You plain, and painted with Adirondack 'Shell Pink' paint, using the dauber to pounce for add texture.  
The texture can be seen on the Bird in the above photograph.
Love this texture!
Flowers and Birds (IDS0026)

Anna Frame (IDFR0013)
Bird Frame (IDS0009)
Thank You IDW0015
 Materials
Imaginarium Designs: Thank You IDW0015, Bird Frame (IDS0009), Anna Frame (IDFR0013), Flowers and Birds (IDS0026)
Sweet Nothings, Kaisercraft 6.5" Paper Pad
White, Bazzill Textured Cardstock I am Roses: Flowers, Ferns, Leaves, Stamens
White Guipure Lace, Feathers, Velvet and Silk Ribbon, Miniature Diamante
Thick Embossing Powder (sorry no brand on bottle)
Shell Pink, and Snow Cap: Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dauber
Key Charm: The Scrapbook Store
Crystal: Ranger Stickles
Heat Tool
 
I hope you have enjoyed my projects and found them inspiring...I will be back along with the new design team members in January, 2013!!

Stay safe over the festive season, and Merry Christmas

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! To own a limitless supply of ID and create masterpieces like this!!! It would be a dream come true! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sandie!! Your album and card are simply stunning!! Love your chipboard techniques!! Thanks for the inspiration!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing projects! Such different styles and both unique in it's own way! Have to love the grunge'd one a wee bit more...all those elements placed on it...wow!And I also love using UTEE on my chipboard elements...love how mist can settle into all those nooks and crannies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible work Sandie, I just love the colors you used in the album, and the card is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful projects Sandie...really gorgeous! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SANDIE !!!!! TOTALLY EXQUISITE ... sigh xoxox

    ReplyDelete