Saturday, August 29, 2015

Putting together a quick and simple layout :) :) :)

Hello Hello :)

Today I thought I would share with you a quick and easy layout that I created and put together in about an hour. I have made the element cluster quite small with lots of 'white space', but it can easily be 'changed up' to accomodate a larger photo :) :) :)





IDFL0013

IDW0083

IDW0081



I began by creating the background; this is a 12 x 12 chipboard background that has been spray painted with white gesso. I have then done a huge spray of blue mist in the centre. I then gave this a light spray with white gesso and dried it with the heat gun.


With my selected photo I punched it out with a scallop circle shape, and positioned it over the misted area.


I looped up some white wire thread in a freestyle manner. I then coloured it with the same blue mist that I used on the background. I then placed this over the photo.


When I was creating my background I also spraypainted a chipboard tree and 2 word titles. I then gave them a light spray with the blue mist and dried them with a heat gun. The tree is positioned to the left of the photo.


I have adhered all elements; the photo, wire and tree to the background using a blue coloured staple.


I have adhered 2 metal branches over the top of the chipboard tree with strong clear drying glue.


I have adhered the chipboard workd titles in the same manner.


To complete the layout I have added some extra splats of brass metallic paint to the background to coordinate with the metal elements.

Well that is it from me for the moment I do hope you are enjoying the awesome inspiration by the team!

Cheers and Happy Scrapping :)

Louise :) xxx

5 comments:

  1. WOW wow WOW
    SIMPLY STUNNING layout Louise - LOVE IT ALL!!!
    REALLY, REALLY APPRECIATE your tutorial too, it is EXCITING for me to LEARN how the products & layers work together and to come away wanting to try it and feel like "I can do it" => THANK YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool layout!! Thank you for the tutorial on how to achieve this! I am not sure I could leave that much white space even though it is AWESOME!! I just don't know when to stop! LOL TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to share a pic. The blue surrounding the pic looks fabulous used that way.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely art.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete